We improve traffic safety by bringing perception capabilities of self-driving cars to smartphone cameras and behind windshields of commercially used vehicles.
Peregrine is a Berlin-based AI tech start-up improving road safety and minimizing transportation CO2 emissions in cities. Therefore, we create a new quality of information from street-level video data by deriving context from traffic scene imagery. This empowers commercial fleets to operate safer and more efficient today and the autonomous mobility solutions of tomorrow. As traffic is a highly complex environment for pedestrians, drivers, and vehicles, Peregrine’s vision is to build the next generation of traffic video analytics for: Zero accidents. Zero emissions. Zero barriers.
Our diverse and international team brings together academic excellence and industry experience in robotics and autonomous driving from both Silicon Valley as well as from Europe – including leading automotive OEMs and suppliers such as Bosch, Volkswagen, HERE, and TomTom. We’re looking for smart, driven and passionate people motivated to solve hard problems. Are you ready to join us on this mission?
As part of our core team, you develop and contribute to our core image and sensor data analytics pipeline. Finding and visualizing correlations and dependencies in highly unstructured datasets is a daily business as well as being involved in designing and implementing a variety of efficient ML processing algorithms with ML Engineers. The software is created in such a way that it is portable to different embedded devices. You will be the hero uncovering all the hidden treasures in a dynamic and ever growing dataset and presenting them to a data hungry team with a strong focus on privacy preservation.
- Proven experience as python developer (Knowledge of core libraries such as numpy, scipy, OpenCV, pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn, …)
- Proficient knowledge in software development in a Linux environment
- Knowledge and experience with big data problem settings and common machine learning techniques
- Strong affinity to uncovering and visualizing correlations in datasets
- Experience in working with highly unstructured data
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and skilled in building lasting software architectures
- Strong drive to deliver code in highest quality
- Fluency in Git and Git workflows like GitFlow
- Tensorflow knowledge is a strong plus
- Affinity towards systems automation and intelligent systems
- Skills in communicating findings clearly and precisely to different stakeholders
- Embody a collaborative, team first mindset
Additional nice-to-have skills that will be an advantage:
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with CI / CD
- Bash and general scripting experience
We don’t expect anyone to check all these boxes mentioned above! If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
What we offer
We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as a flat organizational structure which promotes open communication. We value new opinions and ideas from all members of our team and foster a culture where we all learn from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage active participation in our design, innovation and development process. And of course we offer free drinks and snacks and flexible working time because we aim to create the working environment that we envision for ourselves, for everyone at Peregrine.
— Notes on working at Peregrine in times of COVID-19 —
The health of our team and their families has top priority. That’s why we have been choosing to work from home since mid of March 2020. Even more today, we want to enable the entire team to easily collaborate remotely as well as meet up for virtual social events.
Do you want to empower teams to build a safer and more sustainable mobility ecosystem for all using video analytics with us?
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.
Dr. Steffen Heinrich
Co-founder and CEO
Peregrine Technologies GmbH