Who we are and what we do
At Peregrine, we provide a solution for real-time video analytics powered by machine learning making this world a smarter, safer and healthier place to live.
Peregrine is a Berlin-based AI technology company that is improving road safety and minimizing transportation CO2 emissions in cities. Therefore, we generate a new quality of information from street-level video by deriving context from traffic scene imagery in real-time. This unique data set supports commercial fleets today and the autonomous mobility solutions of tomorrow. We have 20 years of robotics and autonomous driving experience as well as over 12 years of experience in automotive combined – working for leading companies in Germany and Silicon Valley. Are you ready to join us on this mission?
About the job
As part of our team, you develop and contribute to our mobile SDK and Android software stack. Both run our real-time image processing pipeline leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning and computer vision algorithms on embedded hardware and pushes contextual metadata into the Peregrine cloud.
You work in a young and dynamic start-up in the heart of Berlin alongside tech enthusiasts and proven experts from academia and industry. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as flat hierarchies and promote open communication. We value your opinion and ideas and foster a culture, where we all learn from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You are encouraged to actively participate in our design and innovation process. And of course you get free drinks and snacks and flexible working time 🙂
- Proven experience with building and deploying Android apps and/or mobile SDKs
- Kotlin / Java
- JNI C++ interface
- Camera and sensor interface
- User interface design
- Proficient knowledge in software development in a Linux environment
- Sensibility for UX
- Experience with automated deployments and continuous integration
- Strong drive to deliver code in highest quality
- Fluency in Git and Git workflows like GitFlow
- Embody a collaborative, team first mindset
Nice to have
- Experience with customizing Android ROMs
- Experience with C++
- Experience with data serialization (protobuf, flatbuffers, …)
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, …)
We don’t expect anyone to check all these boxes mentioned above! If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
Come accelerate the change for a smarter, safer and healthier life in cities around the world and get in touch with us: