What we do
At Peregrine, we improve traffic safety by bringing perception capabilities of self-driving cars to smartphone cameras and behind windshields of commercially used vehicles.
Peregrine is a Berlin-based AI technology company that is improving road safety and minimizing transportation CO2 emissions in cities. Therefore, we generate a new quality of information from street-level video data by deriving context from traffic scene imagery in real-time. This unique data set supports commercial fleets today and the autonomous mobility solutions of tomorrow. We have 20 years of robotics and autonomous driving experience as well as over 12 years of experience in automotive combined – including significant working experience with leading companies in Germany and Silicon Valley. Are you ready to join us on this mission?
What we offer
We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as a flat organizational structure which promotes open communication. We value new opinions and ideas from all members of our team and foster a culture where we all learn from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage active participation in our design, innovation and development process. And of course we offer free drinks and snacks and flexible working time because we aim to create the working environment that we envision for ourselves, for everyone at Peregrine.
As part of our team, you develop and contribute to the frontend and backend of the Peregrine cloud. The backend is the backbone of Peregrine responsible for collecting, combining and mining all data in order to generate and provide insights to our customers in an easily accessible way. The frontend is one way to present the data to our customers by showing e.g. statistics, heat maps, etc. in a comprehensible form.
### UPDATE: COVID-19 ###
The health of our team and their families has top priority. That’s why we choose to work from home since mid of March. Even more today, we want to enable the entire team to easily collaborate remotely as well as meet up for virtual social events.
What we expect from you
- Hands on developer with practical experience in building and deploying web apps using the following technologies
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Frontend frameworks like React
- Backend frameworks like Node.js (Express …) or Django
- Strong understanding of fundamental web technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, and JSON)
- Experience setting up web servers
- Experience with automated deployments and continuous integration
- Embody a collaborative, team first mindset
- Fluency in Git and Git workflows like GitFlow
- Sensibility for UX
Nice to have
- Experience with databases
- Experience with map visualizations
- Experience with data serialization (protobuf, flatbuffers, …)
- Experience working with Docker Containers and relevant container orchestration systems: ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud management (AWS, Azure, or GCloud)
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, …)
We don’t expect anyone to check all these boxes mentioned above! If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
Come accelerate the change towards a smarter, safer and healthier life in cities around the world.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.