Who we are and what we do
At Peregrine, we provide a solution for real-time video analytics powered by machine learning making this world a smarter, safer and healthier place to live.
Peregrine is a Berlin-based AI technology company that is improving road safety and minimizing transportation CO2 emissions in cities. Therefore, we generate a new quality of information from street-level video by deriving context from traffic scene imagery in real-time. This unique data set supports commercial fleets today and the autonomous mobility solutions of tomorrow. We have 20 years of robotics and autonomous driving experience as well as over 12 years of experience in automotive combined – working for leading companies in Germany and Silicon Valley. Are you ready to join us on this mission?
About the job
As part of our team, you develop and contribute to the frontend and backend of the Peregrine cloud. The backend is the backbone of Peregrine responsible for collecting, combining and mining all data in order to generate and provide insights to our customers in an easily accessible way. The frontend is one way to present the data to our customers by showing e.g. statistics, heat maps, etc. in a comprehensible form.
You work in a young and dynamic start-up in the heart of Berlin alongside tech enthusiasts and proven experts from academia and industry. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as flat hierarchies and promote open communication. We value your opinion and ideas and foster a culture, where we all learn from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You are encouraged to actively participate in our design and innovation process. And of course you get free drinks and snacks and flexible working time 🙂
- Hands on developer with practical experience in building and deploying web apps using the following technologies
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Frontend frameworks like React
- Backend frameworks like Node.js (Express …) or Django
- Strong understanding of fundamental web technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, and JSON)
- Experience setting up web servers
- Experience with automated deployments and continuous integration
- Embody a collaborative, team first mindset
- Fluency in Git and Git workflows like GitFlow
- Sensibility for UX
Nice to have
- Experience with databases
- Experience with map visualizations
- Experience with data serialization (protobuf, flatbuffers, …)
- Experience working with Docker Containers and relevant container orchestration systems: ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud management (AWS, Azure, or GCloud)
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, …)
We don’t expect anyone to check all these boxes mentioned above! If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
Come accelerate the change for a smarter, safer and healthier life in cities around the world and get in touch with us: