Who we are and what we do
At Peregrine, we provide a solution for real-time video analytics powered by machine learning making this world a smarter, safer and healthier place to live.
Peregrine is a Berlin-based AI technology company that is improving road safety and minimizing transportation CO2 emissions in cities. Therefore, we generate a new quality of information from street-level video by deriving context from traffic scene imagery in real-time. This unique data set supports commercial fleets today and the autonomous mobility solutions of tomorrow. We have 20 years of robotics and autonomous driving experience as well as over 12 years of experience in automotive combined – working for leading companies in Germany and Silicon Valley. Are you ready to join us on this mission?
About the job
As part of our team, you develop and contribute to our core image and sensor data processing pipeline. You are involved in designing the internal framework and software architecture as well as in implementing a variety of image and sensor processing algorithms. You design the software in such a way that it is portable to different embedded devices. As part of the team, you follow best practices and standards to ensure high quality of code.
You work in a young and dynamic start-up in the heart of Berlin alongside tech enthusiasts and proven experts from academia and industry. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as flat hierarchies and promote open communication. We value your opinion and ideas and foster a culture, where we all learn from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You are encouraged to actively participate in our design and innovation process. And of course you get free drinks and snacks and flexible working time 🙂
- 3 years+ proven experience as C++ developer
- Modern C++11 and above
- Knowledge of core libraries as Boost, OpenCV, Eigen, …
- Proficient knowledge in software development in a Linux environment
- Very good knowledge of software design patterns and skilled in building lasting software architectures
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Google Test) and build pipelines (e.g. CMake)
- Strong drive to deliver code in highest quality
- Fluency in Git and Git workflows like GitFlow
- Experience with image processing (feature extraction / matching; calibration; tracking; …) and / or sensor processing (filtering, …)
- Affinity towards systems automation and intelligent systems
- Embody a collaborative, team first mindset
Nice to have
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with CI / CD
- Bash and general scripting experience
We don’t expect anyone to check all these boxes mentioned above! If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
Come accelerate the change for a smarter, safer and healthier life in cities around the world and get in touch with us: