What we do
At Peregrine, we improve traffic safety by bringing perception capabilities of self-driving cars to smartphone cameras and behind windshields of commercially used vehicles.
Peregrine is a Berlin-based AI technology company that is improving road safety and minimizing transportation CO2 emissions in cities. Therefore, we generate a new quality of information from street-level video data by deriving context from traffic scene imagery in real-time. This unique data set supports commercial fleets today and the autonomous mobility solutions of tomorrow. We have 20 years of robotics and autonomous driving experience as well as over 12 years of experience in automotive combined – including significant working experience with leading companies in Germany and Silicon Valley. Are you ready to join us on this mission?
What we offer
We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as a flat organizational structure which promotes open communication. We value new opinions and ideas from all members of our team and foster a culture where we all learn from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage active participation in our design, innovation and development process. And of course we offer free drinks and snacks and flexible working time because we aim to create the working environment that we envision for ourselves, for everyone at Peregrine.
As part of our team, you develop and contribute to our core image and sensor data processing pipeline. You are involved in designing the internal framework and software architecture as well as in implementing a variety of image and sensor processing algorithms. You design the software in such a way that it is portable to different embedded devices. As part of the team, you follow best practices and standards to ensure high quality of code.
### UPDATE: COVID-19 ###
The health of our team and their families has top priority. That’s why we choose to work from home since mid of March. Even more today, we want to enable the entire team to easily collaborate remotely as well as meet up for virtual social events.
What we expect from you
- 3 years+ proven experience as C++ developer
- Modern C++11 and above
- Knowledge of core libraries as Boost, OpenCV, Eigen, …
- Proficient knowledge in software development in a Linux environment
- Very good knowledge of software design patterns and skilled in building lasting software architectures
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Google Test) and build pipelines (e.g. CMake)
- Strong drive to deliver code in highest quality
- Fluency in Git and Git workflows like GitFlow
- Experience with image processing (feature extraction / matching; calibration; tracking; …) and / or sensor processing (filtering, …)
- Affinity towards systems automation and intelligent systems
- Embody a collaborative, team first mindset
Nice to have
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with CI / CD
- Bash and general scripting experience
We don’t expect anyone to check all these boxes mentioned above! If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
Come accelerate the change towards a smarter, safer and healthier life in cities around the world.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.